The Conversation: Pros and cons of raising Hawaiʻi's minimum wage
This show focused on the issue of raising Hawaiʻi's minimum hourly wage from its current $10.10.
Our guests were:
- Nate Hix, director of Living Wage Hawai’i
- Jensen Ahokovi, research associate at the Grassroots Institute
We also shared comments from:
- Lauren Zirbel, executive director and president of the Hawaii Food Industry Association
- Gary Hooser, executive director of Pono Hawaii Initiative
- Tom Jones, co-owner Gyotaku Japanese Restaurants and past-chair of the Hawaii Restaurant Association
And we heard from our listeners as well. If you would like to share any thoughts on this topic, please write to email@example.com or call 808-792-8217.
This program originally aired on The Conversation on Feb. 3, 2022. You can find the full program here.