Hawaiʻi Public Radio is participating in Give Aloha, Foodland’s Annual Community Matching Gifts Program. This program honors Foodland’s founder, Maurice J. "Sully" Sullivan, and continues his legacy of giving back to the community.
How It Works
From September 1-30, customers are invited to make donations up to $249 (per organization, per person) to participating Hawaiʻi non-profit organizations at checkout. Individuals must use their own Maikaʻi card to make a donation. Foodland and the Western Union Foundation will match a portion of each donation made with a Maikaʻi card. Donations made without a Maikaʻi card will not be matched.
Foodland and the Western Union Foundation will match each donation up to a total of at least $250,000 for all organizations combined. If total customer donations exceed $250,000, the matching gift will be divided among all participating organizations.
How To Donate - Online Ordering
- As you build your Foodland curbside pickup or delivery order, add a donation to your cart.
- During the checkout process, please make sure to add a note designating HPR as the beneficiary. (You may not be prompted to do so.)
How To Donate - In Store
- Shop at Foodland or Sack N Save September 1-30.
- Show your Maika'i card to the cashier at checkout.
- Tell the cashier our code (77198) and the amount of your donation (up to $249).
- Review your receipt to confirm the following appears:
Organization name (HPR)
Your donation amount
Your Maika'i number
- Donor names will not be released to our organization. If you would like us to know of your gift, please contact us directly so that we may properly acknowledge your gift.
- You may donate up to $249 per organization over the course of several store visits. You may make donations to more than one organization.
Are These Donations Tax-Deductible?
Give Aloha donations are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Please save your store receipt for tax purposes, since it will be the only record you will have of your donation. You may ask the cashier for a duplicate receipt.
Full details are on Foodland's website.