Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
Available On Air Stations

Charity Navigator

Charity Navigator_4StarSquareColor-01.png

Hawaiʻi Public Radio's strong financial health and commitment to accountability and transparency have earned it a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator, America’s largest independent charity evaluator. HPR has earned this top distinction for 11 years in a row; only 2% of the charities evaluated have received at least 11 consecutive 4-star evaluations.

Since 2002, using objective analysis, Charity Navigator has awarded only the most fiscally responsible organizations a 4-star rating. Over the years, the organization has refined and expanded its rating methodology to include metrics on governance and ethical practices as well as measures of accountability & transparency, and financial health.

Community support makes up the vast majority of HPR’s funding. Only 7% of the station’s operating revenues come from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, the entity that distributes federal funds; the remaining 93% comes from individual community members (49%), underwriters (20%), and other locally generated revenue and gifts.

HPR's rating and other information about charitable giving are available at charitynavigator.org.