East Maui Water Rights; Kirk Cashmere Jewish Film Festival; China; Lomi Lomi Nui
Thursday, March 5th – from HPR2, it’s The Conversation
Ashley Obrey is a staff attorney at Native Hawaiian Legal Corporation. She is one of the attorneys representing Na Moku Aupuni O Ko`olau Hui, Lurlyn Scott, and Sanford Kekahuna in the contested case hearing on their petitions to amend the interim instream flow standards for 27 East Maui streams. The hearings started on Monday.
- Intro Music: Tamacun by Rodrigo Y Gabriela
- Outro Music: Backyard Quiz Theme by Jon de Mello
Andrea Snyder is a member of the selection committee for the 13th Annual Temple Emanu-El Kirk Cashmere Jewish Film Festival at the Honolulu Museum of Art’s Doris Duke Theater. It starts Saturday and runs until March 20th.
- Intro Music: Back To you by Twerps
- Outro Music: Night Diving by ThricE
Ralph Cossa is president of the Honolulu-based Pacific Forum CSIS. He is a board member of the Council on U.S.-Korean Security Studies and the National Committee on U.S.-China Relations. For over 30 years he has been a political, military affairs, and national security specialist for the Asia-Pacific and Near East–South Asia regions.
- Intro Music: Human – Tin Tin Out Mix by Pretenders
- Outro Music: Lang Zi Returns by Yang Tian Ning
Jody Mountain is a dancer, choreographer and teacher with 25 years experience in various forms of movement dynamics and healing modalities. She’s offering a Lomi Lomi Nui and Kahuna Bodywork Training Retreat that starts Monday and runs until Saturday, March 14th.
- Intro Music: Lomi lomi Nui, Pt.1 by Gomer Edwin Evans
- Outro Music: Lomi lomi Nui, Pt.2 by Gomer Edwin Evans