Science Education; Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom; Wild Fires; Annie Get Your Gun
Monday, March 2nd – from HPR2, it’s The Conversation
Amy Shachter is senior associate provost for research and faculty affairs and associate professor of chemistry at California's Santa Clara University. Her work to improve undergraduate science education has been supported by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, the National Science Foundation, and the Keck Foundation. She's the co-principle investigator on the NSF-funded Science Education for New Civic Engagements and Responsibilities (SENCER) project. SENCER partners in Hawaii include Kapi’olani Community College, University Hawaii Manoa, University Hawaii Hilo, and Windward Community College.
- Intro Music: The Dry Cleaner from Des Moines by Mingus Dynasty
- Outro Music: Dear Old Stockholm by Paul Chambers
Lillian Jones is the Director of “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom,” which opens this Friday and runs until March 29th at the Actors’ Group Theater in Iwile.
- Intro Music: Lawd Send Me A Blues by Ma Rainey
- Outro Music: Ma Rainey's Black Borttom by Ma Rainey
Elizabeth Pickett is the Executive Director of the Hawaii Wildfire Management Organization. She coordinated the multi-partner effort to establish and grow the Pacific Fire Exchange.
- Intro Music: Got Django by Hot Club of Hulaville
- Outro Music: Whiplash by Hank levy
Alexis Dascoulias is the Executive Director of Maui On Stage, whose production of “Annie Get Your Gun,” runs March 6th through 22nd at the Historic Iao Theater in Old Wailuku Town.
- Intro Music: They Say It's Wonderful by John Coltrane, Johnny Hartman
- Outro Music: There's No Business Like Show Business by Irvin Berlin, Ethel Merman