What you will find on this page is a compilation of reports and segments discussing Hawaiʻi's political landscape, voting, and the upcoming elections.
- July 25, 2018 - Gubernatorial candidate Colleen Hanabusa stopped by the show to discuss her platform to talk about her plans, if she was elected governor, for moving the needle on economic diversity and the technology agenda.
- January 18, 2018 - A local nonprofit, Kanu Hawaiʻi, is dedicating itself to bringing more local people into the process. Executive Director Keone Kealoha says government has its greatest impact where the rubber meets the road.
- July 24, 2018 - What Exactly Does the Lieutenant Governor Do?
- July 27, 2018 - A call-in show featuring the chairwomen of the Democratic and Republican parties of Hawaiʻi. Kealiʻi Lopez and Shirlene Ostrov joined the show to talk politics and the challenges of leading their respective parties.
- July 30, 2018 - Common Cause Hawaiʻi believes it has found a way to better inform residents of the candidates on the ballot. The nonprofit says its "Power Ballot" makes it quick to get up to speed with good information before you vote.
- HPR hosted a forum on Sunday, July 22 with the candidates running for the open Congressional District 1 seat.
- July 23, 2018 - Political Analyst Dan Boylan gives his opinion on the forum.
- July 26, 2018 - The Hawaiʻi Conservation Alliance hosted a Gubernatorial Candidate Forum on the Environment.
- July 31, 2018 - Political reporter Wayne Yoshioka reports on an important stop for the gubernatorial candidates - Obon festivals.