Trip To Vegas, Pizza For A Year Offered To Boost Hawaiʻi Vaccine Numbers
Governor David Ige announced that June is HI Got Vaccinated month. If and when the state gets to 70%, travel restrictions will drop and the Safe Travels program will end. To get there, there are a few deals to entice the vaccine-hesitant.
Vaccinated residents can go to higotvaccinated.com and sign up to win prizes.
One of the big offerings: Hawaiian Airlines is offering one million Hawaiian miles. At a press conference Friday, CEO Peter Ingram said it may be split into smaller mile awards.
Other prizes include:
- a one-year lease on a vehicle from Auto Source;
- roundtrip for two to Las Vegas from Vacations Hawaii;
- Papa John’s pizza for a year;
- $1,000 gift certificate to Merriman's restaurants; and
- $1,000 gift certificate to Y. Hata Co.
There are also discounts at local restaurants for vaccinated folks.
More discounts and prizes will be added. The deadline to sign up is June 30.
Following the announcement Friday, the website crashed due to high traffic.