Unmanned Aircraft Bill; George Kahumoku Jr.; Air Conditioning Bill; Duane Padilla
Monday, February 16th – from HPR2, it’s The Conversation
You likely don't like the idea of having anyone or anything monitor your life. In today’s world, that could mean surveillance by an unmanned aircraft better known as a drone. Coming up for a hearing tomorrow is a bill that would prohibit the use of unmanned aircraft, except by law enforcement agencies with conditions for their use and reporting attached. While all that may sound good to you, Lawrence Osborn says there are still problems with the way the bill is written. Lawrence Osborn is a member of the Aerospace Advisory Committee and he joined us in our studio to elaborate on his concerns.
- Intro Music: Lump by The Presidents of the United States of America
- Outro Music: Glue On by Green Isac
George Kahumoku Jr. produces a weekly show Wednesdays and Thursdays at Na Pili Kai Beach Resort and he’s the producer of a new DVD called “Seeds of Aloha.”
- Intro Music: U'i Lani by George Kahomuku Jr.
- Outro Music: Kailana Na Pua by George Kahomuku Jr.
Corey Rosenlee is a 17-year nationally certified social studies teacher from Campbell High School. He is one of the organizers of the "Hawaii Teachers Work to the Rules" movement. For 8 years, he has been leading the quest to cool schools so kids can focus on learning. SB258 is up for hearing on Wednesday 1:25PM in conference room 229.
- Intro Music: Got Django by Hot Club of Hulaville
- Outro Music: Paper Tiger by Helios
Violinist Duane Padilla, bassist Byron Yasui and ukulele virtuoso Benny Chong will perform in HPR’s Atherton Performing Arts Studio Saturday evening, February 21, at 7:30 p.m.
- Intro Music: In All The Wrong Places by Ulrich Schnauss
- Outro Music: Green Dolphin Street by Duane Padilla