HAWAIʻI PUBLIC RADIO - 9.7" iPad Pro Giveaway
NO DONATION OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
By entering and participating in the Hawaiʻi Public Radio 9.7: iPad Pro Giveaway Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), entrants agree to accept and be bound by these rules and the decisions of Hawaiʻi Public Radio (HPR) as final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
1. ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY: The Sweepstakes is open to any individual of age eighteen (18) or older who is a legal resident of the State of Hawaiʻi. An individual who makes a donation to Hawaiʻi Public Radio, from Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 6:00 a.m. (Hawaiʻi time) through April 20, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (Hawaiʻi time) (the “Entry Period”) will be entered into the Sweepstakes. HPR Sustaining Members will be entered when they call in to the station during this period. HPR reserves the right in its discretion to extend the Entry Period. An actual donation is not necessary for an individual to be entered into the Sweepstakes. An individual may also enter the Sweepstakes by calling HPR at 808-944-8800 or (808) 941-3689 during the Entry Period. All entries will be time-stamped at the beginning of the phone call. Entry forms will not be mailed. Entries will be accepted by phone only. No facsimiles or copies will be accepted. All entries must be received by HPR no later than the end of the Entry Period. There is a limit of one entry per person, regardless of the method of entry. Board Members of HPR, employees of HPR, employees of Prince Resorts and any other participating prize sponsor (the “Sponsors”), their immediate family members and members of their households are ineligible. Neither HPR nor any of their officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives are responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, misdirected or illegible entries. HPR reserves the right to disqualify any entrant. Non-compliance with any rule, requirement or mandatory procedure herein may, in the sole discretion of HPR, result in disqualification.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE: HPR shall select one prize winner to receive one 9.7” iPad Pro. The prize cannot be substituted, exchanged or transferred for any other prize or award. HPR reserves the right to substitute prizes with an item of equal or greater value, and all prize details are at the sole discretion of HPR and the participating prize sponsors. Limit of one prize per individual. All applicable federal, state and local taxes and expenses not specifically included in the prize description are the sole responsibility of the winner.
3. WINNERS AND ODDS: One winner and five alternates will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries on or about April 21, 2017. Drawing will be conducted by HPR, whose decision shall be final. The odds of being drawn as the winner of the Sweepstakes are dependent on the number of eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by HPR via telephone. The winner must be available at the phone number provided in order to claim the prize. If the winner of the contest does not answer, the next alternate drawn will be contacted and offered the prize. The winners will be required to complete and return a prize acceptance and release, liability release and consent to use winner’s name and likeness without further compensation, except as prohibited by law. The award of the prize is conditioned upon the winner’s acceptance of the terms in the foregoing release. The prize may be claimed only by, and will be awarded only to, the individual identified on the donor entry registration form. HPR reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes as it may deem appropriate. For identification of the winner, please send a request along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to 738 Kāheka St, #101, Honolulu, Hawaii 96814, Attn: HPR Sweepstakes Prize Winner, after April 21, 2017, but before June 30, 2017.
4. GENERAL: As a condition to and in exchange for the right to enter the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Sponsors and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives from and against any and all losses, damages, injuries, claims, suits, causes of action, liabilities, costs and expenses arising from and/or related to, directly or indirectly, the Sweepstakes and/or any prize awarded in connection therewith. HPR is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prizes. Except as prohibited by law, each participant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Honolulu, Hawaii; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (iii) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits (collectively, “Special Damages”) may be awarded; and (iv) participant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. HPR reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, or modify, extend or suspend the Sweepstakes in any way, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud, technical problems, failures, malfunctions or other events have destroyed or severely undermined the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes or if HPR is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event beyond its control, or by any federal, state or local law, order, regulation or order of any court or jurisdiction. The laws of the State of Hawaii, without reference to choice of law rules, governs the Sweepstakes and all aspects related thereto. The Sweepstakes is subject to any requirements, revisions and/or limitations imposed by applicable federal, state or local law. Void where prohibited.
5. SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is, 738 Kāheka St, #101, Honolulu, Hawaii 96814.
Hawaiʻi Public Radio