Honolulu looks to fill over 20 vacant board and commission spots
The City and County of Honolulu has over 20 vacant volunteer positions for boards, commissions and committees.
Here are the boards, commissions and committees with vacant positions, along with the number of positions in parentheses:
- Civil Service Commission (1)
- Elections Special Needs Advisory Committee (1)
- Honolulu Ethics Commission (1)
- Grants In Aid Advisory Commission (2)
- Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (1)
- Neighborhood Commission (2)
- Real Property Tax Assessment Board of Review I (1)
- Real Property Tax Assessment Board of Review III (1)
- Salary Commission (1)
- Economic Revitalization Commission (9)
The new Economic Revitalization Commission was created to "help prepare a five-year strategic plan for the city to encourage equitable and sustainable economic advancement, the development of new businesses and industries, and reinvestment."
Boards and commissions streamline communication between elected officials and the community. Members do not receive a salary or other forms of financial compensation.
Members are typically appointed by the mayor and approved by the Honolulu City Council.
To apply for a vacant position, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.