DLNR Nomination; D’Arranged Marriage; Bullying Bill; Art of Trash
Wednesday, April 8th – from HPR2, it’s The Conversation
We now know Governor Ige's new nominee to steward the Department of Land and Natural Resources. The announcement of Nature Conservancy Executive Director Suzanne Case comes after the brouhaha over the Governor's first choice. So this time, has the Governor made a hit that exceeds his previous miss? Donna Wong, Executive Director of Hawaii's Thousand Friends, joined the show to weigh in.
- Intro Music: The Old Payola Blues by Stan Freberg
- Outro Music: In Space by Royksopp
Rajeev Varna is the author and performer of his one-man show “D’Arranged Marriage” which runs tomorrow evening and Friday at the Honolulu Museum of Art’s Doris Duke Theater.
- Intro Music: Aloha by Lemongrass
- Outro Music: The Magic Sitar by Marchese
Judith Clark is the Executive Director of Hawaii Youth Services Network. HYSN leads statewide partnerships addressing teen pregnancy prevention and runaway and homeless youth needs. She is currently working with the Honolulu Dept. of Parks and Recreation on a comprehensive anti-bullying initiative. Ms. Clark was recognized as Hawaii's Outstanding Advocate for Children and Youth by the Hawaii State Legislature.
- Intro Music: Fun to be Happy by Love Tractor
- Outro Music: Friends Fade In Fade Out by Obfusc
Wilma Nakamura is one of the organizers of Art of Trash. The works of art will be on display April 11 through May 2 at the Maui Mall.
- Intro Music: High Price by Ultima
- Outro Music: Awash by Manual