EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - HPR MEMBERSHIP
HPR’s membership group is charged with strengthening ties between the station and its supporters, listeners and the wider community. We help you navigate the station, the program schedule, member benefits and station-hosted activities ranging from open houses to concerts and from volunteering to VIP events and visits from national shows.
A significant share of the financial resources required to operate HPR is provided by the local community. The membership group works to secure these funds and are stewards of the donor relationships, including monthly Sustainers and major givers.
The team organizes semi- annual on-air pledge drives during which the entire station staff joins together to urge listeners state (and world) wide to make voluntary financial contributions in support of this fiercely independent enterprise.
If you thrive in a lively, highly collaborative and interactive work environment and HPR’s mission to provide quality news and outstanding music and cultural programming resonates with you, we invite you to apply for the position of HPR Membership Coordinator.
HPR MEMBERSHIP COORDINATOR
- Full-time, non-exempt with comprehensive benefits
- Reports to HPR Membership Manager
- Job location - Honolulu, Hawai’i
The Membership Coordinator is an integral department team member who assists with day-to-day member stewardship, data handling and financial transactions. Passionate about the mission of public radio, this individual strengthens the station’s link to its community and supporters and has a focus on growth and cultivation.
- Member/listener services – Respond via phone, email and direct mail to inbound donor and listener inquiries regarding membership giving or benefits, the station, station activities and events, etc.
- Financial transactions and database maintenance – Process donor contributions received by phone, mail or on-line to member database; prepare daily transaction recap and bank deposit; process updates to monthly giving plans and donor contact information following standard data entry procedures.
- Donor retention and acquisition – Coordinate and prepare scheduled member communications via direct mail and email; support donor retention with outbound calls, emails and direct mail to update donor payment information.
- Pledge drive – Contribute to planning and early gift revenue activities; process pledges and assist with data entry during campaign; assist with thank-you gift/member premium set-up and fulfillment; assist with recruiting and scheduling volunteers; assist with studio set-up before campaign; participate in staff/host “Think Tank”; train and work in the studios in variety of roles including volunteer supervisor, producer, on-air guest.
- Station event support – Coordinate and prepare segmented guest lists and invitations for station events; assist with invitation follow-up and RSVP handling; assist during events; event set-up and take-down; shopping & light food prep; box office and/or merchandise sales; assist with outreach tables at community events.
- Administrative support and other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills over-the-phone, face-to-face and in written communications.
- 1-2 years prior work experience in donor support or customer service.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Attention to detail, accurate data entry skills, ability to multi-task.
- Prior database or bookkeeping experience preferred.
- Available early mornings, evenings and weekends for station events.
- Valid Drivers’ License and access to a vehicle.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Loves public radio and is committed to advancing its mission as a vital and vibrant community-focused and community-funded enterprise.
- Positive attitude, energetic, a self-starter.
- Conscientious, reliable, even-tempered.
- People- and customer care-oriented personality.
- Organized, accurate and detail-oriented, completes assigned tasks in a timely fashion.
- Thrives and is capable of working productively in a lively, fast-paced, and interactive work environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
By November 30, 2020, please email or direct mail your cover letter and resume to Hawai’i Public Radio. Explain how your skills and qualifications are a match for the station and this position. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Hawai‘i Public Radio, 738 Kaheka St, Honolulu HI 96814. Hawai‘i Public Radio is an EEO employer.