As residents continue to deal with the latest developments involving Kīlauea, we’d like to hear about your experience. If you’d like to share your story, please call our talk back line toll free from the Big Island at 808-792-8217, weekdays during business hours.
Please try to keep your call relatively brief, and we’ll share some of your stories on our air and on our website. And please stay safe.
You can also record a voice memo testimonial for HPR News on your smartphone and send it to email@example.com.
Don't know how to do a Voice Memo? Don't sweat it!
Your iPhone has an app called Voice Memo on it already. Your Android phone may need to have an app installed. There are loads of free apps. We recommend one called Smart Voice Recorder.
Check your phone so you know where the app is and have it ready.
- Put your phone on Do Not Disturb or Airplane mode.
- Hit the big red button. Hold the mic on your phone up to your ear, as it were a phone call.
- Try to get a few seconds of ambient sound - just the sound of the room before and after you talk.
- Say your first name only and where you're from.
- Keep your testimony to about 90 seconds.
- Hit the big red button to stop.