Hawaiʻi Public Radio is pleased to participate in Give Aloha, Foodland’s Annual Community Matching Gifts Program. This program honors Foodland’s founder, Maurice J. "Sully" Sullivan, and continues his legacy of giving back to the community.
How It Works
From September 1-30, 2014, Maikaʻi customers at Foodland, Sack N Save, or Foodland Farms are invited to make donations up to $249 (per organization, per person) to participating Hawaiʻi nonprofit organizations at checkout. The Western Union Foundation and Foodland match a total of $300,000 to all participating non-profits.
Give Aloha donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Please save your store receipt for tax purposes since it will be the only record you will have of your donation. You may ask the cashier for a duplicate receipt.
How to Donate
- At checkout, present your Maika'i card (or give your 10-digit number) and inform the cashier that you would like to make a donation to HAWAIʻI PUBLIC RADIO. If you do not have a Maika'i account, you may establish one by telling the cashier you would like to do so.
- Tell the cashier our organization’s 5-digit code: 77198
- Tell the cashier how much you would like to donate. Your donation will be added to your grocery purchase total. You may donate up to $249 per organization and you may reach that total over the course of several visits.
- Hawaiʻi Public Radio and the amount you donate will appear on your receipt.
- IMPORTANT: Donor names will not be released to our organization. If you would like us to know of your gift, please mail your receipt to:
Hawaiʻi Public Radio
738 Kāheka Street
Honolulu, HI 96814
Mahalo nui loa for your gift of aloha!