Instead of his usual April Kokua Festival benefit concerts, Jack Johnson is taking guests Paula Fuga and John Cruz on a seven-date island tour, while releasing a Best of Kokua Festival album. All the proceeds -- from the tour and new release – will go to his non-profit Kokua Hawai`i Foundation, and he called HPR's Dave Lawrence to talk about it.
Brushfire Records will release Jack Johnson and Friends - Best of Kokua Festival on April 17th. The compilation album features live performances from Jack Johnson’s benefit concerts for the Kokua Hawai`i Foundation. In support of the release, Johnson will also do a seven-date all acoustic tour. All proceeds from both the album and tour will benefit the non-profit Kokua Hawai`i Foundation. Stay tuned to HPR to hear more of our conversation with Jack Johnson as we approach the live dates.
Here is the complete track listing of the album:
1. Better Together - Jack Johnson with Paula Fuga
2. Cry, Cry, Cry - Ziggy Marley with Jack Johnson & Paula Fuga
3. A Pirate Looks At Forty - Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds
4. Mudfootball - Jack Johnson with Ozomatli & G. Love
5. Constellations - Jack Johnson with Eddie Vedder & Kawika Kahiapo
6. Take It Easy - Jackson Browne with Jack Johnson & John Cruz
7. Island Style - John Cruz with Jack Johnson & Jackson Browne
8. Breakdown - Jack Johnson with Jake Shimabukuro
9. Further On Down The Road - Taj Mahal with Jack Johnson
10. Welcome To Jamrock - Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley with Jack Johnson & Paula Fuga
11. High Tide or Low Tide - Ben Harper & Jack Johnson
12. Blue Eyes Crying In the Rain - Willie Nelson with Jack Johnson & Ben Harper
13. I Shall Be Released - Jack Johnson, Eddie Vedder, Zach Gill & Friends
An acoustic evening with Jack Johnson, John Cruz and Paula Fuga, which go on-sale this Saturday:
April 19th - Kaua`i - Kaua`i Community College Performing Arts Center
North Shore O'ahu transmitters and Kaua'i transmitters are off air due to a power outage as a result of the extreme weather. All other transmitters are operating normally.
Now playing on HPR-1
Sign-up for HPR's E-Scape and receive alerts on special broadcasts, station concerts, events, and more. To sign up, click here.
Note on Hawaiian spellings:
In our print communications, HPR takes special care to include the ʻokina (glottal stop) and kahakō (macron) marks used in the proper spelling of Hawaiian words.
Due to compatibility issues with certain Web browsers and/or search engines, however, they may not display properly.